- Education & Training
- Careers Advice
- Jobs and Opportunities
- Need Help?
- Your Space
- About Us
Are you looking for a job or career? There is a difference! You may not have your entire working life mapped out in front of you, so as you are looking for a job you should ask yourself these key questions:
• Are you looking for a career (with long term goals and prospects) or just a stop-gap until you decide what you really want to do?
• If you already have a job, do you want something similar but in a different environment?
• Do you feel like you need a fresh challenge in your existing job?
• Do you want to get promoted and take on more responsibility?
• Would you like to try another area of work before you make up your mind on a career?
Whilst the ultimate decision rests in your hands, there are loads of resources available to help you make your mind up.
If you don’t know where to start, then try looking at the main tasks in each job and see which match the skills and interests you have.
Don’t forget, you can also talk to your Personal Adviser about your skills and interests. This could help you narrow down the sort of job or career you really and what you need to do to achieve that goal.
Use the links below or the Section Pages menu on the right to get find the information you want.