Sheffield Futures is a youth charity based on Division St. We support young people’s mental health and wellbeing, and help them get into the education, training or employment that is right for them. We also run youth clubs and support a group of Young Advisors to amplify the youth voice.
As a charity, we need to raise funds from various sources to be able to deliver our services. It’s an exciting time to join us as a volunteer as we develop a new fundraising strategy and we are looking to redevelop our building.
As Fundraising Volunteer you’d be able to get involved and get as much experience as you’re up for!
Key areas of work:
- Funder research: identifying and researching potential funders, including trusts and foundations, corporates and statutory bodies. Checking if we are eligible to apply, deadlines and application processes.
- Gathering information to support funding applications and proposals: identifying relevant external reports and gathering internal data (e.g. mental health and wellbeing statistics), that will help us put together compelling fundraising applications.
- Fundraising events: contribute ideas and put together plans for communicating about fundraising events and thanking supporters (challenges, runs, employee bake sales). Sending out fundraising materials to supporters (e.g. t-shirts and fundraising packs).
- Support us to create videos, posters and social media content to help raise our profile and reach new audiences.
It’d be great if you could do one day (or more!) a week. If fundraising is something that you’re passionate about or see yourself having a career in, we’ll support you as best we can to develop the knowledge, skills and experience you need to take the next step.
You will be asked to complete an application form including:
- Why you’d like to volunteer in fundraising at Sheffield Futures?
- When would you be available to volunteer?
- An example of a fundraising campaign or event that you think is great – and why?
If you are interested please call 0114 201 2923 or email [email protected] and we’ll be in touch.