Freelance IAG Careers Adviser
IAG Careers Adviser (Freelance)
Hourly Rate: £15.48 per hour
Sheffield Futures is an independent charity, supporting communities and helping young people to achieve their full potential in learning, employment and life.
We are currently seeking qualified IAG Freelance Advisers to join us on a freelance basis working in schools across Sheffield on short- and longer-term projects.
As a Freelance IAG Adviser you will provide careers guidance services, including information and advice, to young people in order to equip them to make successful transitions in learning and work. This role includes:
- Identifying and assessing young people’s needs in relation to career decision making and transitions
- Providing careers guidance services individually and in group settings, including the provision of information on learning and work.
- Advising on and support applications of Year 11 young people using the online application system and providing information and advice for parents and carers.
- Must hold a Level 6 qualification in advice and guidance.
- You will have relevant, experience of motivating, mentoring and guiding young people in relation to providing the most appropriate careers advice and of co-ordinating CEIAG or work experience in secondary schools.
- You will have recent experience of working with young people between the ages of 11 and 18 years on an individual basis or in groups / classroom settings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and motivate young people are essential.
- You will need to be approachable and articulate, be organised and methodical and have excellent administration and IT skills.
- You will take a collaborative approach and be able to demonstrate building and maintaining effective internal and/or external relationships.
- This role requires an enhanced DBS check.
- Under the Disability Confident standard disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this casual work, are guaranteed an interview.
Under the Disability Confident standard disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria for this casual work, are guaranteed an interview.
Click here to view the job description for this role – Applicant pack for Freelance IAG Adviser
Closing Date: 9am Monday 4th March 2024 Interviews: Tuesday 12th March 2024